Friday, November 27, 2015

Day 27 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - The Upsetters - Dollar In The Teeth

Line up at the Walmart and have your credit cards at the ready, it's Black Friday.  And that means one thing… spend until it hurts.... at least that's what the retailers want you to do.  Today marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season and the dreaded march to Christmas.  Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with Christmas itself and I do enjoy the seasonal festivities but it's shoved down our throats sooner and sooner each year and it has made me a bit of a Scrooge as December rapidly approaches.  But enough about that…

In the spirit of the gaudy outlay of cash that have the fat cats drooling in anticipation, I have decided to go with the Upsetters "Dollar In The Teeth,"  originally released as a single on the Upsetter label in 1969 and eventually on their LP Eastwood Rides Again in 1970.  Now get out there and empty your wallets!


No comments: