Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2013 - Track Twenty-One - See Duppy Deh

We're keeping digital with the next one - the next track is called "See Duppy Deh" by the man who calls himself Uglyman.  I tried to do some research to determine the story behind Uglyman but I kept coming up at a dead end...  it's worth mentioning that Double Ugly or Uglyman was the stage name of 90's dancehall superstar Desmond "Ninjaman" Ballentine back in the late 80s, but I don't believe it's the same Ugly Man.  Anyway, this track comes from the "clash" LP Dance Hall Clash released on the Harry J label in 1986 and also featuring Little John.  "See Duppy Deh" is a pretty good digital duppy tune that I've been holding back on unleashing for a few years now... enjoy!


2 comments:

Christofari/Duppy Hi-Fi said...

Hope you can forgive me, John - I've only just stumbled back onto the radar in time to catch the closing tunes of another MASTERFUL spooktacular, so I've not been around to post the feedback you deserve.

Delighted beyond words to see further collaboration with Roger this year, whose work if anything is even more perfectly realised than last years'. Truly a marriage made in h'mm, well maybe NOT heaven after all!!

Really looking forward to fully savouring your macabre masterpieces (1 - 21) tomorrow... but I just wanted you to know how much all of this herculean effort is appreciated. God alone knows why more people haven't left comments; in my book, your Halloween mixes are nothing less than the most exquisite shares on the entire internet. I simply don't have adequate words to thank you (and Mr. Wilkerson).

Bless you both, and happiness and chills in equal measure to you and yours for Thursday!

John AKA Reggaexx said...

Better late than never! Thanks again for your words of support and encouragement! I will pass on the message to Roger and let him know that his work is greatly appreciated! Happy Halloween my friend!