Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2013 - Track Seventeen - Dub In Blood

Before I even started on this years mix I said to myself, I'm not going to let the lack of response here on Blogger be an issue... I'm going to keep my mouth shut and continue pushing forward, ignoring the urge to complain or any desire to institute the usual "woe is me" policy - but 6 days without a comment?!  Goddamn, it has to be a new record!  Come on people, drop me a note and keep me motivated here!

But that's enough about that... today's track is "Dub in Blood" by Skin, Flesh & Bones and it comes from the album also entitled Dub In Blood on the Sunshot label and released some time in the 1970s.  A pretty wicked-ass dub track and one that I have embellished with some audio from Dracula Prince of Darkness, one of my favorite Hammer Dracula films.  I don't know why but it seems like the scenes in the Dracula movie where the main characters are conspiring to destroy the evil bloodsucker and or learning the ways of a vampire, work best mixed in with the music.  One reason may be the fact that Christopher Lee spoke very little in most of the Dracula films and the other may be reggae's longstanding fight against injustice and combatting the evils in the world intent on keeping people in oppression, poverty and hunger, works well when it comes to fighting vampires too.  Or maybe... just maybe... I may be over-thinking all this!  See you tomorrow!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shodz from London..
Appreaciating what you are doing...
All the Halloween mixes are on a loop..
Bless

Anonymous said...

I usually wait for the completed mix before dropping a congrats of some sort, but, hi! Keep going!

Cerpts said...

I'd like to add my voice once again to say that your Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular is a highlight of the Halloween Countdown each year. Not only the excellent choice of tracks and beautifully edited sound effects and movie clips but also the phenomenal artwork that accompanies each song! Truly superb!

Rashi said...

Nice tune! Give thanks!

www.facebook.com/dubdynamite

BenTramer said...

About a week left! You can dooo eeet!! :) Seriously though October is flying by way too quick. I don't want it to end. Thank you for carrying me through another October marathon.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't be Halloween without you

HawaiianBrian said...

Do you have a way of counting downloads? If so, perhaps that would give you an idea of your success. A couple hundred downloads can say what a few comments cannot! :)

Atomic Dawg said...

Still enjoying each post like I do every year. I play these often this time of year. Whenever my children happen to hear reggae any other time, they'll ask me if Halloween is near.

John AKA Reggaexx said...

Thanks everyone for that push... glad to know the mix is being so well received!