Thursday, October 17, 2013

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2013 - Track Thirteen - Black Magic Spell

Short and sweet today... Is it just me or is every song ever written about witchcraft a love song?  Is the use of the term witchcraft and black magic always used as a metaphor for the mystical charm and allure of a woman?  Does it all stem from Adam & Eve?  Could these tunes be construed as being sexist?  To be honest, I don't have the answers and I have absolutely no desire to research the topic so I'll just let it go at that.  I'm just raising the questions.  :)

Anyway, today's track "Magic Spell" by Errol Dunkley fits the witchcraft/temptress/possibly sexist mold rather comfortably.  It comes from the album Love Is Amazing produced by Coxsone Dodd and on the Studio One label.  Believe me, I've added a lot of witchiness and it fits in rather nicely with the creepiness we got goin' on and to make it even more terrifying it's the thirteenth trembling track in the 2013 Spooktacular!  Mwuhahahahahahahahaha!


No comments: